Friday, October 17, 2014

Stained Love Letter Nail Stamping

Hey there!  Today I have one of my favourite mani's I've ever done.  I actually did these a few weeks ago but I'm just getting around to sharing them now for some reason.  It's not even an original idea.  I actually posted some burnt parchment nail art back in February but after seeing this fantastic manicure using stamping decals, I wanted to do something similar with stamping decals.



These ones aren't really burnt parchment at all.  They're much more stained than burnt which I think I like even more.  I labeled my earlier post as "burnt love letters" as a sort of anti-Valentine and, as I was doing these I thought they looked tear-stained.  Can you tell I'm not exactly what you could call lucky in love :-P


For the base of these I used two coats of OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh that I stamped with Lily Anna 11 and Mundo de Unas Brown (#23).  To make the stained effect, I used super watered down acrylic paint which kind of left the edges of where I put it darker when it dried.


The rose decals were made with MoYou London Kitty -02 and Mundo de Unas Black filled with Sally Hansen Insta Dri Rapid Red and I-Rush Luck.  As usual, I topped with HK Girl top coat.


So what do you guys think of the square pictures in this post?  If you like them, I'll probably start cropping my photos as squares which means my picture sizes might be all over the place for awhile.  I still have photos from June that I might still eventually post.

'Til next time...







No comments: